Domestic Violence Screening Materials
1. High quality services tailored to individual needs
1. Providing individual services which are usually offered as a package
MASIC-4 Domestic Violence Screening Materials
The material is provided free of charge. It is designed to assist lawyers, mediators, and other family dispute resolution professionals create a safe and equitable environment to resolve conflict.
For research purposes, we would appreciate you providing your contact information. Our research normally takes the form of a brief (less than 3 minutes) ‘SurveyMonkey’ poll. If you would like to participate in this process, please email email@example.com.
If you have any questions, please contact Jayne Embree at Victoria Mediation Services.
- Instructions for Using the MASIC-4
- MASIC-4 Party Evaluation
- MASIC-4 Mediator Case Evaluation
- Clinic Confidential Intake Form
Associated Articles and Reports
- Competence to Mediate
- Examining Domestic Violence Screening Practices of Mediators and Lawyers
- Defining a Threshold for Client Competence to Participate in Divorce Mediation
- Report: The Exploration of the Effectiveness of Current BC Methods of Family Mediation in cases of Violence against Women and Lessons to be learned from Other Jurisdictions Models (BC Family Mediation VAW Project)
- Special thanks to Amy Holtzworth-Munroe, Connie J. A. Beck, and Amy G. Applegate for their creative and inspiring work on the MASIC.
- Special thanks to Michael Butterfield for disseminating this material and for the BC Family Mediation VAW Project and the Law Foundation of British Columbia for tackling and funding this important research.
- Thanks to Connie J. A. Beck of the University of Arizona and Lynda E. Frost of the University of Texas at Austin for their insightful analysis.
- Thanks to the BC Branch of the Canadian Bar Association and BarTalk for their continued support of ADR and access to justice.
- Thanks to Dr. Katrina Milaney and Nicole Williams for their comprehensive and thought provoking research.
Contact Butterfield Law
Unsure of where to start? We will help you determine the best legal approach to your situation.